I am Julie Clay, MA, EdS, LPC – and I have been a seeker since before I can remember.
I grew up in the sixties and seventies wandering the wilds of Southern California where I spent hours sailing the Pacific Ocean, exploring the shorelines of the Channel Islands, strolling through fragrant orange groves and climbing avocado trees all the while believing that the foggy marine layer that created overcast mornings and then disappeared every June – did so in celebration of the day of my birth.
My path to becoming a mental health professional took many twists and turns and stuck places and breakthroughs.
Each of those experiences adds something to who I am – and how I show up in our work together.
I am grateful for the different therapists, teachers, and mentors who shaped me.
Each of them offered me areas in which to explore myself in order to explore with others.
Some of my interests over the years include:
- Depth Psychology
- Soulcraft as taught by Bill Plotkin
- Deep Imagery as taught by Diane Timberlake
- The Mysterieum as revealed by Dr. Clarissa Pinkola Estes
- The MARI – Mandala Assessment Research Instrument
- Experiential Expressive Arts
- Dream Tending
- Deep Listening
- Soulcentric model of human development
- Romancing the Shadow
- Active Imagination
- Psychosynthesis (integrating subpersonalities)
- Soul Poetry